Are you planning a trip to Florida from the UK? With its warm weather, sandy beaches, and theme parks, it’s no wonder why Florida is a popular destination for British travellers. In this guide, we’ll provide you with suggestions as to what you need to know about flights to Florida from the UK, including the best time to book, airlines that fly to Florida, and tips for a stress-free journey.
Best time to book flights to Florida from the UK
Booking flights to Florida can be expensive, but there are ways to save money. The best time to book your flight is about six to eight weeks before your travel dates. If you book your flight too early or too late, you could end up paying more than you need to. If you need some Take a look at our article on when is the best time to visit Florida. This will provide you with a general overview of the average temperatures throughout the year.
Airlines that fly to Florida from the UK
There are several airlines that fly from the UK to Florida, including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Delta, American Airlines, and more. Each airline offers its own set of perks and drawbacks, so it’s important to compare prices and features before booking your flight.
Direct vs. connecting flights
When booking your flight to Florida, you’ll have the option of choosing a direct or connecting flight. While direct flights are typically more expensive, they’re also more convenient since you won’t have to worry about layovers or changing planes. Connecting flights, on the other hand, can be cheaper but may require longer travel times.
Airports in Florida
Florida has several airports, including Orlando International Airport, Miami International Airport, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Tampa International Airport, and more. Depending on where you’re staying in Florida, you’ll want to choose the airport that’s closest to your destination.
Tips for a stress-free journey
Traveling can be stressful, but there are several things you can do to make your journey to Florida as smooth as possible. These include:
- Arrive at the airport early to allow for security checks and any unexpected delays.
- Pack light to avoid excess baggage fees and make your journey more manageable.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the flight.
- Bring snacks and water to keep you hydrated and energized.
- Download entertainment (e.g. movies, TV shows, podcasts) to keep yourself entertained during the flight.
- Bring a neck pillow and eye mask to help you sleep on the flight.
Florida is a popular destination for UK travellers, and for good reason. With its warm weather, sandy beaches, and theme parks, there’s something for everyone in Florida. By following the tips outlined in this guide, you’ll be well on your way to a stress-free journey to the Sunshine State.
What is the average flight time from the UK to Florida?
- The average flight time from the UK to Florida is around 9 hours, but it can vary depending on the specific departure and arrival cities, as well as any layovers.
What airports in the UK offer flights to Florida?
- Several airports in the UK offer flights to Florida, including London Heathrow, Manchester, Birmingham, and Glasgow.
Do I need a visa to travel to Florida from the UK?
- UK citizens do not require a visa to enter the United States for stays of up to 90 days, but they do need to apply for an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) before travelling. The ESTA application can be completed online and should be submitted at least 72 hours before departure.
What is the best time of year to travel to Florida from the UK?
- The best time to travel to Florida from the UK is during the cooler months of November to April, when temperatures are more comfortable and there’s less humidity. However, this is also peak travel season, so flights and accommodation can be more expensive.
How can I find cost-effective flights to Florida from the UK?
- To find cost-effective flights, it’s best to book well in advance and be flexible with your travel dates. Flights on weekdays are often cheaper than those on weekends, and travelling during off-peak times can also result in lower prices. Additionally, consider signing up for airline newsletters and following them on social media to stay up-to-date on special deals and promotions. Also consider using third party websites such as TopCashBack. These are a great way to save on a whole range of goods and services.
Can I bring food and drinks on my flight to Florida from the UK?
- Yes, you can bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks on your flight to Florida from the UK. However, there may be restrictions on liquids, so it’s best to check with your airline beforehand.
What is the baggage allowance for flights to Florida from the UK?
- The baggage allowance for flights to Florida from the UK can vary depending on the airline and ticket class. It’s important to check with your airline before you travel to ensure you comply with their specific baggage requirements.
Are there direct flights from the UK to Florida?
- Yes, there are several airlines that offer direct flights from the UK to Florida, including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, and Norwegian Air.
What is the currency used in Florida?
- The currency used in Florida is the US dollar.
Can I rent a car in Florida with a UK driving licence?
- Yes, UK driving licences are generally accepted for car rentals in Florida, as long as they’re valid and in English. However, it’s always a good idea to check with your rental company beforehand to confirm their specific requirements. Click here to visit Discount Florida Car Hire and get a free no obligation quote.